8.30.2013

Five on Friday

Happy Friday everyone!  I'm linking up with Darci, Christina, Liz and Natasha for another Five on Friday!



1.  As much as I love fall and the cooler weather that accompanies it, I am a little sad that this is the last official weekend of summer.  We will still have summer-like weather here in OK for another month or so, but the pool will be closing this weekend, which means no more long afternoons at the pool.


2.  On the flip side, cooler weather means that we'll be spending a lot more time in our backyard.  My husband built the kids a play set this summer and they've been able to go out a couple of times each week in the evenings, but I imagine that we will be out there almost every evening this fall.


3.  My little girl finishes up her first full week of kindergarten today.  (sniff, sniff!)  She is attending a Spanish immersion school where the teacher only speaks Spanish to the students.  The only English they hear is in the art and music classes, the library and the gym.  She comes home every day with new words that she has learned and I am so excited to see what this year has in store for her!


4.  Now that my daughter is at school during the week, the toys on the floor have switched from Barbies and princesses to trucks and dinosaurs.  I'm looking forward to spending some one on one time with my son and getting to know him as an individual and not just sissy's little brother.


5.  My daughter sits at her vanity every morning before school and brushes her hair.  Yesterday, after my son woke up from his nap, I sat down to send a quick email.  When I didn't hear any noise coming from his room, I went looking for him.  Well, he was in his sissy's room and then is what I found...


Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Tracy Calhoun Photography

CoffeeShop Designs